CreditsPerhaps the best way of expressing this is with a timeline...
|Feb 2005||Gary Rogers came up with original concept for Great Britain, Ireland is quickly added.|
|Mar 2005||Paul Dixon created the geograph.org.uk website, and at the same time created the open source project (GPL licensed) so the concept can easily be taken further afield.|
|Apr 2005||Barry Hunter joins the project to further the mapping and search functionality, and continues to add statistics and other features.|
|Sept 2005||Ian Rutson contributed to the Memory Map export features.|
|Oct 2006||David Morris created the bulk standalone upload application - JUppy|
|Oct 2008||Hansjörg Lipp stepped up and created Geograph Germany. At the same time helps clean up the codebase which has seen a few years of tending to become more and more British Isles specific.|
|Apr 2010||Barry Hunter creates and now maintains the Geograph Channel Islands website...|
- Copyright on all photographs is retained by the original contributor, but all are published under a Creative Commons licence - each individual photograph on the site details the original photographer and their precise licence terms.
- View the Photograph Contributor Listing.
- Currently the the Geograph Team are drawn from contributors to Geograph Britain and Ireland.
Mapping & Location Data
- Maps via Google Maps API.
HostingGeograph Channel Islands is hosted by Geograph Britain and Ireland, which in turn is supported by:
- Ordnance Survey® sponsor the project, allowing us to secure reliable hosting, as well as to develop the project into an educational context.
- Fubra provide superb co-location hosting and support.
The following support Geograph in various functions:
NOTE: use of these features does not imply endorsement by the host organizations
This project relies on the following open-source technologies:
We have reused code from following open-source projects:
- FeedCreator - Generate a wide range of RSS feeds in PHP - extended for GEO
Also reuses parts of Rico and Prototype separately
We also strive to adhere to the following standards: